Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My first blog



To those who care... this is my first attempt to do this blogspot thing. We are settling in to Littleton, CO after 20 years of living in Las Vegas. We were sad to leave all of our friends and our family in Las Vegas but interested in the adventure of a new place. Our daughter, Roqué, moved to Denver January of 08 and now lives about a half hour away. Rus has a nephew, Mark Stutz, who lives just 3 miles away with his wife and 4 kids. His daughter, Mariah is almost a year older than Noël and they get along very well. Mark is a Bishop in another ward in our stake and it has been a real blessing to have his family here. Noël is doing so very well here. Her grades are up and she is being more responsible for her school work. She entered school 3 weeks after the fall start and came home the first day with an application to run for school secretary. Out of 4 candidates, she came second by only 15 votes. Not bad for the new kid. She is active in the student senate and helps plan all of the school activities. She is also on the recycling committee. Just yesterday she received a certificate for being on honor roll at a school assembly. We are so proud. On Sunday she was set apart as the 1st counselor in the Beehive Presidency.
Thanksgiving was just absolutely wonderful with Candice and her family along with Shiloh and Roman making the trek to Colorado. It was one of the best weeks I've had in years. The bright spot for Christmas is that my Mom will be here, but we will sorely miss the hoards of family and friends on Christmas Eve.
I think I've almost finished shopping. Just one more gift and then getting everything mailed out. I'm trying to find all of my addresses for Christmas Cards since I can't find my old address book. It is still somewhere in a box. We are still looking for about 3 boxes of Christmas decorations too. Ah, the joys of moving.

2 comments:

  1. Deb, I am so happy for Noel. She looks so great and all is beautiful there. I really love the snow and the cold weather at this time of year. Christmas eve just won't ever be the same, but i am glad Grandee will be with you guys.
    Love you and miss you!

    4104 nancy margarite
    You know the rest
    Send me yours so I can send you guys up a card too.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christine,
    I know it is late, but our address is 9674 W. Long Drive, Littleton CO 80123. Hope you had a great Christmas. I love reading your blogs!!!

    ReplyDelete